- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to ‘competitor’ websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant category. Stories posted in an unconnected topic area may be removed and placed in a more suitable category.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow users. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive stories will be barred from the site after two warnings are issued by the COIN team. Please note that all comments are automatically designated as drafts prior to approval by the COIN team.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for being blocked.
- Adult content. No pornography (or profanity) is allowed. Stories containing adult material will be deleted.
- Bandwidth. All images and signatures must be 500 x 500 pixels or smaller. Stories containing over-sized images and signatures will have their images resized.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any stories containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Disclaimers. Stories reflect views of the authors and should not be deemed as reflective of COIN’s position. COIN reserves the right to amend these Guidelines at any time.
- Notify us of objectionable material. If you feel that a story or a comment is objectionable, please alert the COIN Team [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If we determine that removal is necessary, we will make every effort to do so as soon as we can.
- Rule breakers. The COIN team reserves the right to take action against users who break rules. This may be in the form of warning, asking users to apologize, removal of stories or barring users. The action taken will be determined by the COIN team.
- The COIN platform is built in Word Press so is also subject to their rules and regulations.
*Based on Sample Forum Rules (https://www.wikihow.com/Sample/Forum-Rules)